Covid-19 and the economic recession has led to many Americans being out of work. Clearly, the fact is that when working for someone else your financial future is not in your hands.
Having a home-based business and being your own boss, therefore, has wide-ranging appeal. You report to nobody, you set your own hours, determine what you get paid, and eliminate the office politics.
Many feel the flexibility to set your own work schedule, plan time for yourself and meet family obligations is the ultimate reward.
Paul J. Meyer, author of “Pink Slip Proof: How to Control All Future Paychecks” suggests some of the following reasons to start pursuing a home-based business.
- Choose the business you want and set your own work hours.
- Experience less stress when you are in control. Getting the work done is your goal, not when you do it.
- Many times, the talents and resources within the family working together will create a successful business.
- For those who may not be able to get that high paying job, home-based businesses are the ultimate solution. Your income is based on what you’re willing to work for.
- Your low overhead working from home will allow you to keep the money flowing and help you pass those saving on to your customers.
- Productivity from a motivated, enthusiastic employee (yourself) will increase as you are the direct beneficiary of your efforts.
- There are tax deductions available for home-based business owners that can save you money. Nothing wrong with that!
“If all that sounds like a fresh start, a perfect fit, then a home-based business could be your ticket to fulfilling all your dreams and goals,” says Meyer.
For more tips from Paul Meyer, read his book “Pink Slip Proof: How to Control All Future Paychecks” or visit www.pauljmeyer.com.